We still have a few places for Skills Through Play next week. Please see below for further information.
SKILLS TRHOUGH PLAY
This is a programme for families with children between the ages of 2 and 6 years old. There are 2 sessions this month: one in Green Bay and one in Manurewa.
The sessions focus on:
• Understanding child development
• Types of play and the importance of play
• How to engage your child in play
• What toys and resources to use
WHERE: Green Bay Community Centre (please click here for location map)
WHEN: Tuesday 13th March – 9.30am to 11.30am
WHERE: Te Whare Awhina, Manurewa (please click here for location map)
WHEN: Wednesday 14th March – 9.30am to 11.30am
PARENTS EXCHANGE – TRANSITIONING TO WORK
Following the Transitioning to Work workshop presented by Anna Tullemans at the end of last year, we have invited a team of speakers with different background to support you further in this sometimes difficult transition period:
• Vaughan Dodd –Work & Income – presentation of Work & Income services available for young people with a disability
• Richard Vernall – Lifeworks4me – how to help young people discover their talent, how to transition passion or skill into useful employment
• Caroline Campbell – Drake International – practical tips for looking for a job (presentation skills, interview skills, CV writing)…
This workshop is aimed at young people with high functioning autism/Aspergers syndrome and their family. The date is confirmed!
WHERE: our office at 70 Khyber Pass Rd, Grafton
WHEN: Thursday 8th March (7pm to 9pm)
Elisa Slaat will be speaking at the respite weekend organised by ASD Kids. This is a great weekend of information and relaxation. Please see flyer attached for further information and registration details.
BIG SWIM COMPETITION -Win 5 nights for 2 in Fiji!
John Shackleton will swim the Cook Strait in March, but what will his time be? Support John and the Children’s Autism Foundation by entering our competition. Click here for more info