If you are interested in the Social & Friendship Skills programme for children with Aspergers/High Functioning autism, can you please return the Expression of Interest Form to Arletta at firstname.lastname@example.org by this Friday (7th September).
The programme is aimed at 2 age groups: 9 to 11 and 12 to 14 year olds, with up to 4 children per group. It will run over 9 weeks, and we are looking for families with children in this age group who would like to participate. The sessions will include parents too.
Goals for the children:
- Have the social skills necessary for relationships, especially with peers and friends
- Have a proper understanding of own and other people’s feelings and behaviour
- Know about own potential (I am unique, what am I good at?)
- Know how to become and stay friends and overcome problems
Goals for the parents:
- Know how to advise/help your child in positive relationships with peers
- Know how to help your child with emotions and how to deal with them in a proper way
- Able to make use of the knowledge of other parents by sharing information, tricks and tips with each other