Elisa Slaat is running a new series of our popular workshops “Understanding Autism” and “Strategies 4 Behaviour” around the Auckland region, starting 11th June. Elisa has many years experience and runs our Join In Junior programme (play group for preschoolers) and supports families through our Outreach Service.
This workshop will cover the following:
- Diagnosis; What is ASD/Asperger, where from here?
- Moving forward, coping strategies and improving family wellbeing?
- Finding appropriate support & services in the Auckland region to address your child’s needs.
Strategies 4 Behaviour
This workshop is based on the principles of Applied Behaviour Analysis (ABA) and will cover the following:
- Understanding behaviour
- How to ‘read’ your child’s behaviour
- Understanding the functions of behaviour
- What strategies to use to deal with behaviour
- How to implement these strategies at home/ school/community
For full details and registration, please see flyers below: