Spaces Available for Join In Programme in 2016
This social and friendship programme is aimed at children with Aspergers/high functioning Autism, who are verbal enough to participate in a small group and are between 6 and 16 years old.
Each session requires at least one parent/caregiver for each child. Please note the programme runs over 9 weeks and we have a follow up session with you in the next school term.
The Children’s Autism Foundation works hard to attract grants and donations so we can sponsor families into programmes such as ‘Join In’.
We are thankful to our sponsors to be able to offer this 10 week programme to families for $150 (the full cost of the Programme is $2,000/family). If you would like to apply to be one of the spaces available in 2016, please contact us asap to be put on our waitlist. This can be done via our website ‘contact us’ form or email email@example.com .
Goals for the children:
- To have the social skills necessary for relationships, especially with peers & friends
- To have a proper understanding of own and other people’s feelings and behaviour
- To know about own potential (I am unique, what am I good at?)
- To know how to become and stay friends and overcome problems
Goals for the parents:
- To know how to advise/help your child in positive relationships with peers
- To know how to help your child with their emotions
- To be able to make use of the knowledge of other parents by sharing information, tricks and tips with each other
To confirm your interest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your names and contact details and why you would like to be chosen for the JOIN the programme.