ASK (Autism Spectrum Knowledge) training is a series
of professional development workshops, designed to increase understanding of Autism and equip participants with practical strategies to better support children & young people with Autism.
The 2-hour workshops are tailored to meet the needs of schools, community groups and other workplace environments. The workshops are run by highly qualified facilitators who have extensive working experience of Autism.
The full training programme is made up of 5 two hour modules featuring:
* What is ASD?
* What criteria is used to diagnose Autism?
* General strategies to better support a child on the Autism Spectrum.
* Understanding how sensory issues affect a child on the Autism Spectrum.
* Practical tools & strategies to use in your classroom or group.
3.Dealing with Anxiety
* What is anxiety and how it may affect a child on the Autism Spectrum.
* Practical tools for managing & reducing anxiety.
4.Social Skills & Communication
* Why do children with Autism struggle with social communication.
* Strategies to support and improve social & friendship skills.
5.Strategies for Behaviour
* What is behaviour?
* What are the triggers & functions of behaviour?
* How to create a behaviour plan for the child or children you are engaging with.
Book Module 1 – Understanding Autism for a solid overview or book the whole 5 module package.
The workshops can be delivered in your staffroom, meeting room, school hall or at an alternative venue (we can arrange this if necessary) at a date/time to suit your team.
Contact us for more information if you would like to book ASK Professional Development Training for your ECE, school, Kahui Ako, community organisation, corporate or business. Webinars are available for attendees outside Auckland and during lockdown periods.