ASK (Autism Spectrum Knowledge) training is a series of interactive professional development workshops facilitated by knowledgeable and experienced facilitators who work with ASD children on a daily basis.
This training is for:
- Teachers – ECE, Primary, Secondary, Tertiary
- SENCOs, RTLBs, Learning Support Coordinators
- Teacher Aides/Teaching Assistants
- Disability Support Workers
- Social Workers
- Mental Health Support Workers
- Psychologists, Therapists, GP’s
If you are a professional who engages with children or young people with ASD then these workshops are for you!
The full training programme is made up of 5 two hour modules run through 2021 at Freeman’s Bay Community Centre.
Attend one workshop or attend the full series of 5 modules to gain our ASK Professional Training certificate.
Cost: $50 incl GST per module (non-refundable registration fee)
Register for our 5 Module Package Deal ($225) or register for current modules individually:
1. Understanding Autism
Wednesday 17th February 2021 7 pm to 9pm
- What is ASD?
- What might ASD look like in the learning environment?
- How can we better support children on the Autism Spectrum?
2. Sensory Issues
Wednesday 17th March 2021 7pm to 9pm
- Understanding sensory issues
- Practical tools & strategies to implement in your classroom or practice
3. Dealing with Anxiety
Wednesday 14th April 2021 7pm to 9pm
- Defining autism and anxiety
- Practical tools & strategies for managing anxiety
4. Social Skills & Communication
Wednesday 19th May 2021 7pm to 9pm
- Strategies to support and improve social skills & communication
- Useful resources and visual aides
5. Strategies for Behaviour
Wednesday 16th June 2021 7pm to 9pm
- The triggers & functions of behaviour
- Behaviour is communication. What is the child trying to communicate to us?
- Create a positive and achievable intervention plan for a child you are currently working with.
We can deliver this PLD directly to your staff or team, in your staff room or meeting room! Please contact us if you would like to book a particular training module or the full PLD programme for your team. Yes, we can cater for large groups! Bespoke training available eg: Adult Mental Health, Autism in ECE etc.
Download our ASK flyer here:
ASK for Schools
ASK for ECE
ASK for all professionals & community organisations
ASK for mental health providers