ASK (Autism Spectrum Knowledge) training is a series of interactive professional development workshops, aimed at furthering participants’ understanding of autism.
The 2-hour workshops are tailored to meet the needs of teachers, carers, support workers, social workers and any other professionals working with children with ASD. If you are working with a child or young person with ASD then these workshops are for you!
The workshops are run by highly qualified facilitators who are working with ASD children on a daily basis
The full training programme is made up of 5 two hour modules running from June through to November. Attend one workshop or attend the full series to gain our ASK Professional Training certificate.
Venue for all modules: The Long Room, Freeman’s Bay Community Centre, 52 Hepburn Street, Freeman’s Bay
Cost: $50 incl GST per module (non-refundable registration fee)
1. Understanding Autism
Monday 10th June 7 pm to 9pm
- What is ASD, diagnostic criteria and general strategies.
2. Sensory Issues
Monday 29th July 7pm to 9pm
- Understanding sensory issues. Practical tools & Strategies to implement
3. Dealing with Anxiety
Monday 2nd September 7pm to 9pm
- Defining autism and anxiety. Practical tools for managing anxiety.
4. Social Skills & Communication
Monday 21st October 7pm to 9pm
- Strategies to support and improve social skills.
5. Strategies for Behaviour
Monday 18th November 7pm to 9pm
- Triggers & functions of behaviour. Creating an intervention plan.
Arletta van den Bosch – Family & Child Counsellor
Gera Verheul – Psychology & Behaviour Therapist
Megan King – Speech & Language Therapist
Contact us for more information.
Fill out the form below to register