Children’s Autism Foundation presents “Dealing with Change and Transitions”, an interactive 2hr workshop for parents, families and teachers/professionals who live or engage with children and young people on the Autism Spectrum.
- Learn why change and transitioning is so difficult for a child with ASD
- Understand micro and macro changes and how they affect our kids
- Explore how the constant change we’ve experienced in 2020 has affected children
- Leave with practical tips & strategies to better support your child through the change and transitions in their life.
This workshop is essential if your child often refuses to go to school, is moving to a new school next year or simply struggles with small daily transitions at home or school.
- Topics include:
- • Daily transitioning (at home, at school, in the community)
- • Transitioning through life
- • Strategies to support change & transition
This workshop is presented by Emma Bartlett, an experienced Children’s Autism Foundation Family Consultant who works daily with families living with ASD. This is a great opportunity to meet other families and share tips & advice.
Wednesday 4th November 2020, 7-9pm
Jack Dickey Community Hall, 174 Greenlane West, Auckland
Map to location here
This workshop is free for families/whanau/caregivers
$50 for professionals
Many thanks to COGS Auckland City for their support which enables us to offer this workshop at no cost to families/whanau.
This workshop is presented by Children’s Autism Foundation Facilitator Emma Bartlett.
Read more about our facilitators here