Start the 2021 school year equipped with practical strategies & tools to better support children on the Autism Spectrum.
Module 1 – Understanding & Supporting Learners with ASD (Full Day)
- What is Autism?
- The sensory and communication differences that learners with ASD may experience.
- Understanding each learner and their individual profile of strengths & challenges.
- How to build a kete/toolbox of strategies, visual aids, activities & tips to better support children with ASD in the learning environment.
Cost: $195 + GST per Teacher Aide
Venue: The Garden Room, Grey Lynn Community Centre
Date: Thursday 28th January 2021, 9am to 4pm
*Webinar version: Wed 27th January 2021 (register here for webinar)
Module 2 – Next Steps in Supporting Learners with ASD (2 hour Follow Up Session)
- A follow-up session and an opportunity to review & refresh your Autism knowledge based on your classroom experiences supporting children with ASD.
- Top up your kete/toolbox with strategies, resources & activities specifically for the children you support.
- Autism Q&A – further enhance your knowledge & understanding of Autism specific to the child or children you are supporting.
- Only suitable for those who have attended Module 1
* Webinar version: Wed 3rd March 2021 (register here for webinar)