This is a fun, child-centered, physical development/gymnastics activity which consists of a tailored version of the Jumping Beans East Auckland programme.
JJB helps children with autism to build their overall motor & social skills through repetitive movements, activities & action songs, in an environment that suits their needs.
Join In Jumping Beans dates for Terms 3 & 4 2020 to be confirmed
Venue: College Rifles Rugby Club, 33 Haast St, Remuera
Cost: $140 per term (paid in advance)
Focus and aim of the programme:
- Children with autism between the age of 2.5 -6 years have the opportunity to develop basic motor skills
- Families have the opportunity to be part of the community and find support with other families
- Families have the opportunity to gain professional knowledge about where child is developmentally
- Families have the opportunity to gain transferable skills to home setting
Sessions run for an hour. The group size will be limited to a maximum of 10 children with autism, siblings are welcome to attend the session with the caregiver. The sessions will be offered in a block of five learning phases to provide different learning experiences.
- Exploration time – 10 min, time for children to remove socks and shoes & orientate themselves
- Warm-up time – bean bag activities followed by movement to music
- Gymnastic activities – teacher guidance with parental involvement
- Manipulative skills – Ball skills, bats, hoops, quoits etc
- Cool down – bubbles, fun chute activities, stamp time
JJB are able to adapt the class structure to meet the needs of the children in class at any one time.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org