We regularly run workshops delivering education, training, tips and strategies to parents/caregivers/whanau as well as professionals who engage with autistic children.
- Understanding Autism
- Sensory Issues
- Change & Transitions
- Social and Communication Skills
- Cool Kids, Calm Bodies, Managing Anxiety on the Autism Spectrum
- Give Me A Clue – Understanding PDA (Pathological Demand Avoidance)
- Anxiety Affects All, Managing Anxiety in children & the family/whanau (not specifically Autism)
- Professional development & workforce training (Autism Spectrum Knowledge)
Our family support service has now integrated with Autism NZ.
The Autism New Zealand Outreach Service is available across the country with Outreach Coordinators offering a range of support services from 16 branches nationwide. The Autism NZ Outreach Service provides support, information, and education on autism. This includes linking you to the right support services in your local region. The Outreach Service is free and available for autistic people, parents/family/whānau, and their support networks – including educators and professionals.